Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Fatty loses time

Time Management.

Something I've never been good at. Managers have even sent me to classes to try to get me to learn it but my brain doesn't seem to process time like it should. Anyway today I was going to go for a run but then the phone rang earlier than my alarm clock and one of my employees had overslept so I was up and out the door in a flash to drive a employee shopping trip to Flagstaff. I had plans of getting up this morning, throwing on my running clothes for the first time in a few weeks and taking a wog around the Grand Canyon Village. Plans are the things the universe laughs at.

I've arrived home, exhausted and tired but with a run planned for tomorrow morning. Tonight though I look forward to a letter I know is being typed for me from someone I love and dinner with a movie.

Speaking of dinner, I love cooking. I don't know if I've mentioned that before but food has so many amazing flavors and it is so much fun to bring those flavors out and taste all the amazingness the world has to offer. Tonights dinner is one I have been meaning to make for weeks.

Here's the recipe.
Beef Oxtail
All the veggies you currently have in the fridge
Beer
Special Items needed
Pressure cooker

Heat the pressure cooker up with a bit olive oil, add oxtail and brown. Remove oxtail, set aside. Toss in large chunks of veggies (On hand I had carrots, white onions, red onions, green pepper) and saute slightly. Add oxtail back to pot, pour in a beer (I used a Fireside Honey Nut Ale), add 2-3 cups of water. Put lid on pressure cooker and bring to pressure. Set timer for 45 minutes.

I don't know how it's going to be yet as the timer still has 30 minutes on it. I've read that oxtail is usually best when it is allowed to slow cook for most of the day but pressure cookers are the most amazing kitchen invention ever and from my experience 40-60 minutes in a pressure cooker is equal to 4-6 hours in a crockpot.

Tomorrow I'll let you know if my feet are more tender than the meat is tonight! (eewwwwwwww)

No comments:

Post a Comment