Sunday, October 24, 2010

How a Fatty lost 5 pounds in a week

Well my fear of the scale was slightly justified but ultimately losing five pounds in a week is a good accomplishment so I'll take it. We get a bit disillusioned from watching shows like the Biggest Loser, when the contestants drop 15 or 20 pounds in a week. What they fail to mention is that the contestants are on a 1200 calorie diet and workout 8 hours a day. But even knowing that, it is still hard when you step on the scale and it's just a measly five pounds, still that's five less pounds than last week and hopefully at least another five pounds next week. At that pace in 6 months I'll have dropped to my goal weight! So looking at it that way, WOOOOHOOOO! FIVE POUNDS! YES!
After getting home from tonight I convinced my kid brother to go for a bike ride with me. I'm not sure where my bike pump walked off too though and with presta valves on my bike, not just any pump will do. So we just did 2 miles on the bikes as the tires were a bit low and I don't want to ruin them. I'll have to get a pump tomorrow. My legs were on fire on even that short of a ride. It's pretty disappointing, high school wasn't even 10 years ago and back then 40 mile bike ride days were pretty common for me. My bike and I were best of friends. Now though it's like we don't recognize each other, with all this extra weight my balance feels off and everything feels sluggish. Anyway after the bike ride we put them away and did 1 mile walk/run. My little brother made me feel pretty foolish. The kid is 17, has never run in his life and spends a pretty fair amount of time video gaming. When I would jog, he would just fast walk next to me with his hands in his pockets while I panted like a dying hyena. I'm still glad he came though, it's nice to have the company. After the run we challenged each other to situps, he did 40 and I managed 20 plus 10 crunches. Gotta start small!

No comments:

Post a Comment